The County Council adopted an amended Comp. Plan Vision with Resolution 27-2018 on Tuesday June 12, 2018. Read on...
The Department of Community Development has updated the Vacation Rental Permit Application Form Read on...
Fire Risk Level - Moderate; time limitation - burning in the morning only. Unless there is a burn ban in effect, campfires will continue to be allowed in contained fire pits no larger than 2’ by 2’ in size, burning fire wood only, not yard waste. Read on...
A lottery for NEW ADUs for 2018 in San Juan County will be held on March 5, 2018, at 11:45 am, in the lobby of the Community Development Office at 135 Rhone St, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. There was an allotment for two conversions, so the two conversion applications received will move forward with no need for a lottery in this category.
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.