Don't miss out on your chance to weigh in on the Comprehensive Plan Vision Statement by taking our survey! The survey is live through November 30, please take a few minutes to let us know what you think. Read on...
A new survey is now available! The survey is intended to provide the opportunity for residents to give input on the Vision Statement. This is your chance to weigh in on the Vision Statement, take the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K95TNK5 Read on...
Land Capacity Analysis Methodology story map is now available. Check out how the Land Capacity Analysis Methodology may look like applied to Eastsound. http://sjcgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=f81a3abaf81e40a494cede9b73e0c140 Read on...
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.