DERELICT VESSEL PROGRAMS SEEK CONTRACTORS
San Juan County's Derelict Vessel Removal Program is seeking a replacement Contract Manager. In addition, the County's new Derelict Vessel Prevention Program - which aims to identify vessels before they become derelict - is seeking a Coordinator.
Both opportunities are posted on the County's Employment page. Click below to view the Request for Qualifications (RFQ). Applications will be accepted no later than November 30 and will be considered as they come in.
Contact County Auditor Milene Henley for questions about either program.
2014 Budget Detail for Public Hearing of November 12
The County Council will have its second of three planned public hearings on the 2014 county budget on Tuesday, November 12. The detailed budget to be considered by the County Council then is now available. Changes to it since the publication of the Preliminary Budget on October 18 are detailed in the document.
A Message from Milene Henley, San Juan County Auditor
|F. Milene Henley|
San Juan County Auditor
Welcome to the San Juan County Auditor's page. The County Auditor is an elected, non-partisan position. The current Auditor is F. Milene Henley, who was sworn in for her second four-year term of office on January 10, 2011. Prior to serving as Auditor, Ms. Henley, a 24-year county resident, worked in private business and public accounting.
Primary responsibilities of the Auditor’s office include:
- Financial services, including:
- Financial reporting for the County
- Assisting the County Administrator with budget preparation and monitoring
- Paying the bills (accounts payable) for the County
- Payroll for County employees
- Fixed asset tracking for the County
- Grant accounting and reporting
- Centralized purchasing for the County, except Public Works
- Accounting, payroll, and budget assistance for junior taxing districts
- Supervising elections
- Administering all federal, state and local elections
- Serving as Chair of the County Canvassing Board
- Registering voters
- Maintaining voter records
- Maintaining the official voter list
- Recording deeds and other legal instruments
- Licensing vehicles and vessels
- Issuing marriage licenses
- Issuing dog licenses for the County and the
Town of Friday Harbor
Additional responsibilities include:
- Management of surplus personal property of the County
- Receipt of claims and lawsuits
- Stormwater assessment appeals
- Liaison to Veterans Advisory Board
The goal of the Auditor's office is exceptional customer service.
If you have a question, or if there is anything we can do for you, please stop by, call or email.
We want to hear from you. The Auditor's office is located on the first floor of the
San Juan County Courthouse,
at 350 Court Street in Friday Harbor. Our mailing address is:
San Juan County Auditor
P.O. Box 638
Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Our phone numbers are:
Financial Services - (360) 378-3356
Licensing and Recording - (360) 378-2161
Fax - (360) 378-6256
Our email addresses are: