We are a Sub-agent for Seattle Passport Agency. We process applications for new
passports and provide the forms for passport renewals. You can either stop by to
pick one up or let us know your mailing address and we will send it to you.
accepted Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
We also have forms for lost passports.
You will need to apply for a new passport if you have never had one before, your
previous passport was issued on or before your 16th birthday, or your previous passport
was issued longer than 15 years ago.
Requirements for New Passport
- Apply at least one month ahead
- Photo Identification (valid driver's license or state ID)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate or previous passport)
- Two passport photos
- Completed passport application
- Appear in person at Clerk's office to show photo ID, sign application, and take
oath in front of deputy clerk
(Note: Parents need to sign the application for children under age 16. All minors must appear.)
If your previous passport was issued on or after your 16th birthday and your passport
is expired but the issue date was less than 15 years ago, you may obtain a mail-in
passport renewal form from the Clerk's office. Expired Passport Requirements:
- Your most recent passport
- A marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- Two passport photos
- Fill out renewal application
- Submit the above and the passport fee to National Passport Center (address on form)
Passport Fees (new passport)
- $110 check or money order per passport for ages 16 and over, payable to US Department of State
- $80 check or money order per passport for ages 15 and under, payable to US Department of State
- $25 cash, check or money order payable to San Juan Co. Clerk
(the $25 must be separate from the money sent to the Department of State)
Passport Fees (passport renewal)
- $110 check or money order payable to US Department of State
How Long Does It Take To Get A New Passport?
Need a Passport Fast?
Your passport will be processed in 3 days upon receipt, when you pay an extra $60
per application for expedited service and have proof of your impending trip. You
may also go to the Seattle Passport Agency in person to get a passport quicker.
You will need an itinerary, or tickets to be leaving within 14 days, and have all
other required information for a passport.
You can reach the Passport Agency directly to check on the status of your passport
application or with questions at:
National Passport Information Center
M-F 6 a.m. - midnight E.T.
(Automated information available 24/7)
Visit their web site for further information about applications, renewals, download
of forms, expedite service, etc. located at
http://travel.state.gov/ under services
- passports. This web site also contains travel warnings.