Juvenile Court Services (JCS) is most frequently associated with juvenile offender
services. However, we are involved in a variety of additional services that are
not offender related. To access a full listing of the various programs and services
JCS's involved in, click Functions in the green bar to the left.
JCS contracts with
four different juvenile detention centers in the region. The Detention site provides
general information about Skagit County Juvenile Detention Center - where most of
our youth serve court ordered detention.
The Staff Directory/Location provides the
address, phone, fax of our three different locations within the county.
San Juan County Juvenile Court Services endeavors to ensure all contact with youths
and their family members provides the opportunity for furthering the development
and responsibility of the youth. This takes into account the legal system and community
standards. It requires:
- Protecting the safety of the community while holding youth accountable for their
- Balancing the principles of rehabilitation, punishment, and community safety;
- Providing assessment, treatment and supervision of youthful offenders;
- Supporting community resources which provide preventive service to youth; and
- Provide access to the judicial system for dependent youth (abused and /or neglected
children) and children in conflict (runaways).
Please call Tom Kearney at 360-370-7440 should you have any questions regarding
Juvenile Court Services or email to firstname.lastname@example.org