The Permitting Division of the Community Development and Planning Department is
responsible for the even-handed administration of land use and building permit regulations.
Toward that end, you will find on this web site codes and publications, application
forms, lists of recent permit applications, and hearing agendas.
Permitting Division Goals
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner in order to help them
make decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement.
- To make quality permit decisions as expeditiously as possible.
- To provide decision making bodies (such as the Board of Commissioners, the Planning
Commission, the Board of Adjustment, and the Hearing Examiner) with sufficient information
to make quality permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information at the beginning of the
permitting process to make quality decisions regarding how to proceed.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties
regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing
the services of the Permit Center.