2023 Offices Open for Election
When can I file for office?
- Candidates may submit a declaration of candidacy by mail starting May 1
- In person filing begins May 15, 8 am
- Online filing begins May 15, 9 am
- Online filing ends May 19, 4 pm
- All candidate filings ends May 19, 4:30 pm
- Deadline to withdraw May 22, 4:30 pm.
- A Declaration of Candidacy may be withdrawn by submitting a written request for withdrawal to the Elections Office no later than 4:30 pm on the Monday following the last the day that a candidate may file. If this deadline is missed, you cannot receive an extension. Filing fees are non-refundable.
Candidate Filing Handbook and Forms
Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way S. #206
Olympia, WA 98504-0908
Phone (360) 753-1111
Fax (360) 753-1112
Toll Free 1-877-601-2828
Political Sign Information
San Juan County Code 18.40.400 (C) – political signs are exempt from the regulations contained in SJCC 18.40.370 through 18.40.390:
Town of Friday Harbor Municipal Code 14.04.100 (F)