Agricultural Resources Committee
Who We Are
We are a volunteer team of farmers, food artisans and agricultural organizations with a mission to protect and restore agricultural resources in San Juan County (SJC). In recognition of the importance of agriculture for food security, land stewardship and island identity the county formed the Agricultural Resource Committee (ARC) in 2005 and has continued to fund a part time committee coordinator.
What We Do
- Listen to farmers and amplify their voice
- Advise the SJC Council on agricultural issues and policy
- Advocate for the preservation of agricultural land the importance of island farms
- Advance programs, initiatives and policies that strengthen and expand the agricultural economy
Sign up for the ARC Newsflash. Enter your email and click subscribe, then scroll down to Newsflash and click on Agricultural Resource Committee. We will let you know as important opportunities for input on agricultural policy arise in San Juan County.
Follow us on Facebook! @agresourcescommittee
Follow us on Instagram! @agriculturalresourcesofsanjuancounty
ARC meetings happen the second Tuesday of the month from 4:00-5:00 (we do not meet in June or August) at the following locations:
- San Juan-WSU extension
- Orcas- Orcas Library
- Lopez- Lopez Library
- All islands- Via video conferencing Zoom link that can find found in the link posted in agenda
San Juan County is renowned for its deeply rooted, island-based farm culture, as shown by the abundance of diverse and exceptional farm products, delicious local foods, the pastoral beauty of farmland, and a commitment to sustaining and growing a resilient and vibrant local food system.