2019 Shoreline Master Program Periodic Update
CANCELLED: APRIL 21, 2020 SHORELINE MASTER PROGRAM JOINT PUBLIC HEARING SAN JUAN COUNTY COUNCIL JOINT PUBLIC HEARING WITH THE WA DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY TO HEAR TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED AMENDMENTS REGARDING THE SHORELINE MASTER PROGRAM (SMP) REGULATIONS; Read on...
The official comment period on an ordinance updating the Shoreline Master Program is March 18, 2020 through April 21, 2020. The WA Dept. of Ecology and County will hold a joint public hearing in Council’s legislative hearing room on April 21, 2020. Read on...
A periodic review of the County’s Shoreline Master Program (SMP) is required by WAC 173-26-090. This update will assure consistency of the SMP with the SJC Comprehensive Plan and development regulations. It will:
- Bring the SJC SMP into compliance with requirements of the Shoreline Management Act that have been added or changed since the last review;
- Respond to changes in Ecology’s guidelines;
- Ensure consistency with comprehensive plans and regulations; and
- Incorporate amendments to reflect changed circumstances, new information, or improved data.
Send Comments to SMPcomments@sanjuanco.com.
Please provide your full contact information for the record.
Joint Ecology and SJ County Public Hearing
April 21, 2020 - County Council Legislative hearing Room and SKYPE
Official Comment Period: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Tuesday April 21, 2020.
Public Hearing Notice and how to comment.
- April 21, 2020 Joint Public Hearing Ordinance - SMP Periodic Update
- March 17, 2020 SMP Ordinance Presentations for Council
- SMP Update Memo for Council 's March 17th Briefing
- February 21, 2020 Presentation for Planning Commission Public Hearing
- February 21, 2020 Planning Commission Public Hearing Draft Ordinance with Comment Instructions
- January 17 Planning Commission Presentation
- Presentation for January 28, 2020 Council meeting
- 2020-01-16_Residential excerpt 2 clean
- Memo for January 28, 2020 Council briefing
- SMP Periodic Review Ordinance, Checklist & Memo for Jan 17, 2020 Planning Commission
- December 20, 2019 PowerPoint Presentation
- Public Participation Plan and Tentative Schedule
- Memo for December 20, 2019 Planning Commission
- Memo for December 3, 2019 Council Briefing
- December 3rd Council Presentation
- November 15th Planing Commission Presentation
- November 15, 2019 Planning Commission Briefing Memo
- September 16, 2019 Council Briefing Memo