If you have previously been convicted of a crime, you may be entitled to some form of post-conviction relief. Some examples of post conviction relief include:
- Reduction or waiver of Legal Financial Obligations you cannot afford to pay, where eligible
- Relief from registering as a sex offender
- Vacating a criminal conviction
- Restoring right to possess firearms
- Deleting nonconviction data after completing deferred dispositions such as a pretrial diversion or stipulated order of continuance
Contact the Public Defender to discuss whether the office can represent you in post-conviction relief. You will have to qualify as indigent and screen with the Public Defender Screener.