PASSPORT PROCESSING TIME IS CURRENTLY 10-12 WEEKS. EXPEDITED SERVICES ARE NOW AVAILABLE WITH AN
APPROXIMATE PROCESSING TIME OF 6 WEEKS. EXPEDITED
SERVICE IS AN ADDITIONAL $60.00.
We are a sub-agent for Seattle Passport Agency. We process applications for new passports and provide the forms for passport renewals. You can either stop by to pick one up or let us know your mailing address and we will send it to you. Passport forms are also available for download at www.travel.state.gov. Applications are accepted by appointment only. Appointments are available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9:00-11:00 am and 1:00-4:00 pm.
You will need to apply for a new passport if you have never had one before, your previous passport was issued on or before your 16th birthday, or your previous passport was issued longer than 15 years ago. It takes approximately 10 -12 weeks to process and receive a passport. Expedited passports may be received in approximately 6 weeks with a $60.00 fee at the time of the application.
Requirements for New Passport
- Appear in person at Clerk's office to show photo ID, sign application, and take an oath in front of a deputy clerk (Note: Parents need to sign the application for children under age 16. All minors must appear.)
- Apply at least three months ahead
- Completed passport application
- Photo Identification (valid driver's license or state ID)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate or previous passport)
- Two passport photos
If your previous passport was issued on or after your 16th birthday and your passport is expired but the issue date was less than 15 years ago, you may obtain a mail-in passport renewal form from the Clerk's office. Expired Passport Requirements:
- A marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- Fill out renewal application
- Submit the above and the passport fee to National Passport Center (address on form)
- Two passport photos
- Your most recent passport
New Passport Fees
- $110 check or money order per passport for ages 16 and over, payable to U.S. Department of State
- $35 cash, check or money order payable to San Juan Co. Clerk (the $35 must be separate from the money sent to the Department of State)
- $80 check or money order per passport for ages 15 and under, payable to U.S. Department of State
- $60 check for expedited processing
Renewal Passport Fees
- $110 check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State
Need a Passport Fast?
Your passport will be processed in 3 days upon receipt, when you pay an extra $60 per application for expedited service and have proof of your impending trip. You may also go to the Seattle Passport Agency in person to get a passport quicker. You will need an itinerary, or tickets indicating departure within 14 days, and have all other required information for a passport.
You can reach the Passport Agency directly to check on the status of your passport application or with questions at:
National Passport Information Center
Monday - Friday
6 a.m. - Midnight ET
(Automated information available 24/7)
Visit their website for further information about applications, renewals, download of forms, expedited service, etc. This website also contains travel warnings.