New drafts of the Housing Needs Assessment and the Economic Development Element are available for comment. The Planning Commission will be briefed on the draft Economic Development Element on April 19, 2019. Read on...
San Juan County Department of Community Development (DCD) held a lottery for Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) permits on March 5, 2019. The results of the lottery are now available on the SJC Website. Additional Info...
The Department of Community Development (DCD) has issued a new policy about the development of residential appurtenances in the shoreline jurisdiction and has addressed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about shoreline development in a new bulletin. San Juan County Code Chapter 18.50
San Juan County Department of Community Development (DCD) will hold a lottery for Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) permits, open to the public, on March 5, 2019, at 11:30 am, at the front counter in the DCD office,135 Rhone St, Friday Harbor, WA. Read on...
Land Capacity Analysis Methodology story map is now available. Check out how the Land Capacity Analysis Methodology may look like applied to Eastsound. http://sjcgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=f81a3abaf81e40a494cede9b73e0c140 Read on...
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.