A SEPA nonproject action is proposed to amend County Code by adopting an ordinance correcting five code inconsistencies and inaccuracies. The issues to be fixed are a result of changes in the law or irregularities in past code adoption processes. Read on...
New Inspection Request app and modified schedule for Veterans' Day and Thanksgiving. Read on...
The second draft Land Capacity Analysis Report is available for review. Please submit public comments to email@example.com by December 2, 2019. Read on...
Vacation rental certificates of compliance for 2019 are due December 31. You can now submit those online through the new San Juan County Online Permit Center. Read on...
San Juan County has a new online permit center (also known as “SmartGov”) where you can search for permits, request code enforcement, pay fees, and request inspections. Searching for permits and checking permit status is available without an account. Read on...
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.