Beginning at or after 10:30 am on September 21, 2018, the San Juan County Planning Commission and County Council will hold a joint public hearing on Lopez Island at the Lopez Center for Community and the Arts. Read on...
Save the date! Come participate in a workshop on the Comprehensive Plan 2036 update. Read on...
Staff will brief the County Council and Planning Commission on the Draft Lopez Village Plan August 17, 2017 at joint meeting. It will be live-streamed for on-line viewing. Read on...
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.