DCD will have a booth at the County Fair August 15 -18. Stop by to learn more about current projects and ask us your building and land use questions. Read on...
Staff will brief the County Council and Planning Commission on the Draft Lopez Village Plan August 17, 2017 at joint meeting. It will be live-streamed for on-line viewing. Read on...
The Planning Commission and County Council will have a special joint public hearing and meeting on August 17. The public hearing will regard a draft ordinance amending the SMP and the meeting will include briefings on Comprehensive Plan updates. Read on...
A lottery for NEW ADUs for 2018 in San Juan County will be held on March 5, 2018, at 11:45 am, in the lobby of the Community Development Office at 135 Rhone St, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. There was an allotment for two conversions, so the two conversion applications received will move forward with no need for a lottery in this category.
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.