Camping reservations are strongly recommended during summer at any of the San Juan County Parks or Fairgrounds RV sites. Any unreserved campsites are available on a first-come, first-served basis (you must arrive at the park to see if a site is available); please register promptly upon selecting your campsite. County Fairgrounds R.V. sites are not available during County Fair week mid-August.
This online reservation system will re-open for the 2021 season on Wednesday, March 3 at 9:00AM PST. Look for the orange button that says, "MAKE A CAMPING RESERVATION" in the upper left corner of the Parks webpage. Get more information on our Reservations & Cancellations page.
Standard Cancellation Policy
If you cancel 30 days or more prior to the date of arrival, there is a 25% cancellation fee; 2-29 days, a 50% fee; less than 3 days is non-refundable. The reservation fee of $9 is non-refundable.
Natural phenomena such as wildfire smoke, earthquake, volcanic eruption, and severe weather may occur in our campgrounds. If the campground is still able to provide full services (infrastructure is intact and staff is available to work), refunds are not issued for such natural disasters. Our standard cancellation policy is applicable.
Camping at San Juan County Parks during COVID-19
• Per Governor Inslee’s WA statewide mandate as of June 26, campers are mandated to wear face coverings at all times when outdoors in public areas (e.g. campgrounds) if social distancing of 6 feet is not possible and when visiting all indoor businesses and public facilities.
• Visitors are asked to bring their own masks or face coverings as well as hand sanitizer.
• We encourage visitors to bring their own hand-washing soap, preferably biodegradable.
• Be mindful of fellow campers by setting up your campsite to allow for adequate social distancing.
• If you have friends or family camping in other sites during your stay, please avoid gathering more than the maximum number of people allowed per campsite.
• When using park Day Use areas, please follow all social distancing and mask guidelines to protect other visitors, avoiding large group activities.
• Parks will have COVID-19 guidelines posted. Please read these signs for any updates.
• Masks are required to enter all businesses and public facilities in San Juan County.
San Juan Park Only
• Visitors will not be allowed to enter the park office; there is a check-in window to the left of the office door.
• Visitors are required to wear masks when entering restroom facilities.
Know Before You Go
• Before your trip begins, please check these websites for updates: Washington State Coronavirus Response (COVID-19)- https://coronavirus.wa.gov/ (scroll to Latest News) and our local San Juan Island Visitors Bureau- www.visitsanjuans.com.
Fees for extra people and vehicles apply (listed in fee tables for each park and paid in the park). Please ensure that you know what our fees are before you make your plans. You may want to leave that extra car behind or reserve a 2nd campsite.
Camp in designated campsites only
Camping in San Juan County is only allowed in approved campgrounds. There is no camping in County Day Parks or on Land Bank property.
Campsite Fees, Maps & Helpful Park Info
Please refer to an island's specific San Juan, Lopez or Shaw page for campsite maps, fees, information on RV Camping and additional charges. There are no County Campgrounds on Orcas Island.
Vessel Launch Permit Policy for San Juan County Park suspended for 2021
The annual program that has operated from the 2nd Friday in May through the last Sunday in September, requiring all vessel operators launching from San Juan Park with the intention of leaving the immediate cove area to have a valid permit has been suspended for 2021. It is expected that all vessel operators familiarize themselves with best practices for vessel operations around endangered Southern Resident Killer Whales and other marine life. You can learn more on this topic from Be Whale Wise.
Take an extra moment to prepare your recycling before you toss it in the bin!
Washington State Ferries (WSF) accepts vehicle reservations for some routes in the San Juans. We strongly encourage ferry reservations! If you do not make it to your campsite because you did not make a ferry reservation, we cannot refund your park fees!
Vessel Launch Permit Policy for San Juan County Park suspended for 2020
The annual program that has operated from the 2nd Friday in May through the last Sunday in September, requiring all vessel operators launching from San Juan Park with the intention of leaving the immediate cove area to have a valid permit has been suspended for 2020. It is expected that all vessel operators familiarize themselves with best practices for vessel operations around endangered Southern Resident Killer Whales and other marine life. You can learn more on this topic from Be Whale Wise.
Off-Season Campsite Closures
During winter and spring, some campsites may be closed by park staff, due to wetness or other reasons. We wish to preserve the quality of all campsites and we want you to have a pleasant experience. Sites will reopen when conditions allow.