Reservations & Cancellations
While are not required at any of the San Juan County Parks or Fairgrounds RV sites, reservations are strongly recommended during the summer, especially for weekends and any summer dates at San Juan County Park on San Juan Island. Any unreserved campsites are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the park (you must arrive at the park to see if a site is available); please register promptly upon selecting your campsite. County Fairgrounds R.V. sites are not available during County Fair week mid-August.
Campsite Reservation system opens for the season on Monday, March 2.
Please see Group Camping for information on reserving campsites for groups of more than 12 campers (GROUP RESERVATIONS).
Campsite fees are published on the individual island pages, i.e. San Juan Island, Lopez Island, Shaw Island (select from the left navigation bar of the parks home page). Note the applicable dates of each schedule. Fees are also included in the online camping reservation system. Fees are subject to change at any time.
Reservation cancellations - READ CAREFULLY!
No reservation changes or partial cancellations are allowed; you will need to cancel your reservation (subject to our cancellation policy*) and create a new reservation for an available campsite (to change arrival date, campsite, or duration of stay). As summer reservations are difficult to get, you may want to reserve your new reservation, first, then cancel your existing reservation. If a new site is not available, you may find it advantageous to hold onto your original reservation and simply check out early; no refund will be given. Consider your options carefully!
*Campsite cancellations made 30 or more days in advance of the first reserved night will result in a 25% cancellation fee for all reserved nights (25% of the paid campsite fees); 72 hours through 29 days, a 50% fee; less than 3 days is non-refundable. The reservation fee is non-refundable. No refunds issued at park.
*Natural phenomena, such as wildfire smoke, earthquake, volcanic eruption, and severe weather may occur in our campgrounds. If the campground is still able to provide full services (infrastructure is intact and staff is available to work), we will not issue refunds for such natural disasters, unless reservation is cancelled per our policy.
COVID-19 50% Operating Capacity Phase
- If you have a reservation for an OPEN site, and you need to cancel, our standard cancellation policy will apply: If you cancel 30 days or greater prior to the date of arrival, there is a 25% cancellation fee; 3-29 days prior to the date of arrival, there is a 50% cancellation fee; less than 72 hours in advance the reservation becomes non-refundable. The reservation fee of $9.00 is non-refundable. You can self-cancel reservations for open sites online.
- If you have a reservation for a CLOSED site, for dates during the 50% capacity phase, please know we cannot transfer your reservation to an open site due to our current policy, and limited staffing.
- If you have a reservation for a CLOSED site that starts on or after August 26, and you need to cancel now to make other plans, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the details of your reservation in your email. We will refund your reservation in full.
- We will hold all reservations for CLOSED sites that starts on or after August 26, in case we are able to open all campgrounds at 100% capacity.
- If you are a Canadian citizen with a reservation for any site, and cannot use your reservation because it is for dates when the Canadian/US border is closed, please contact us at email@example.com, and you will be refunded in full.
How to cancel your reservation
Method One: On the reservation confirmation email you receive, there will be a link to cancel at the bottom of the email which will take you directly to your reservation.
Method Two: Follow this link and have your invoice number and email address that was used to make the reservation account on hand--directions will follow.
How Long Can you Stay?
The maximum stay limit is 14 days in a 30-day period (Fairgrounds is 10 consecutive days).
Washington State Ferries (WSF) has begun accepting vehicle reservations for travel in the San Juan Islands starting January 5, 2015. Both Washing State Department of Transportation and Washington State Ferries webpages will get you access to the WSF Save A Spot Vehicle Reservation System.
UPDATE -- As of May 6, 2020, there will be no Group Camping in any of our four San Juan County Parks campgrounds in 2020. This action was taken in the interest of staff and the public's safety during the COVID19 response.
In a normal year, large or organized groups (12+ people) will be accommodated in special group camp areas on a space available basis. In order to minimize adverse impacts, larger groups (more than 40 people at Odlin, 30 at San Juan, 15 at Shaw County Park, or 100 at the County Fairgrounds) cannot be accommodated at any of the parks from Memorial day weekend to mid-October, or surrounding the annual County Fair event. Groups must email the Parks Department or call 360-378-8420 to reserve space in advance, beginning on January 8, 2020. Arrangements must be completed at least 2 weeks prior to group stay, please allow ample time.
Cancellations made 30 or more days in advance of the 1st reserved night will result in a 25% cancellation fee, 72 hours - 29 days, a 50% fee, less than 3 days is non-refundable. The reservation fee is non-refundable and no refunds are issued at the park.
- Partial cancellations (changes) are not allowed. You must request a new reservation to change arrival date, campsite or duration of stay.
How to Cancel your Group Reservation
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-378-8420 during business hours.
San Juan County Resident Reservations
We offer early advance reservations for people who reside in our county year around. Please e-mail email@example.com or call our main office at 360-378-8420 for information. Early resident reservations are only accepted for a few weeks in January and February. Proof of County residency is required.